The Berlin BDS group (Boycott Divestment Sanctions) will demonstrate on July 9th in Berlin against Rheinmetall, a German firm which is in a joint venture with Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd (IAI) to provide Heron drones for use by the Bundeswehr (German military) in Afghanistan. German soldiers have been trained in Israel to use the drones. IAI also provides drones to the Canadian and French military, among others, for use in Afghanistan. The July 9th protest, which is likely to be modest in size, is also to commemorate the fifth anniversary of the call by Palestinian civil society for BDS. BDS activists in Germany are exploring the feasibility of launching a longer-range national campaign regarding Rheinmetall in association with the broader German peace movement. For info on the Rheinmetall/IAI deal see “Rheinmetall Defense, IAI sign multi-million UAV contract” http://www.israelgateway.com/articles/433/ and also http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/Germany-Leases-Israeli-Herons-for-Afghanistan-05897/ and http://www.iai.co.il/32981-40073-en/MediaRoom_News.aspx.
Palestinian Land Day – March 30On March 30, Palestinian people scattered across the globe mark Land Day, commemorating the events of 35 years ago, when Israeli security forces shot and killed six young Palestinian citizens of Israel and injured many. These brave youth were among the thousands protesting Israel’s expropriation of Palestinian land to build new Jewish colonies and expand existing Jewish cities. Today, Land Day symbolizes Palestinian resistance to Israel’s ongoing land expropriation, apartheid, colonization and occupation. Read more http://bdsdayofaction.net/land-day/
- Report Back: 11 Norwegian cities participate in the BDS Day of Action!
- Report Back: New York City Ahava Action
- Motreal (Quebec) action this Saturday
- Report Back: London BDS victory on Land Day
- Report Back: Seattle
- Report Back: London Veolia Action
- Report Back: Rome
- French BDS tour
- Report Back: Bed Bath & Beyond: Stop Selling Settlement Products SodaStream and Ahava!
- Palestine Solidarity Campaign (UK)
- Portuguese photographers launch Israel boycott pledge bit.ly/2vSmBUA 2 days ago
- Portuguese photographers launch Israel boycott pledge bit.ly/2vS9WB8 3 days ago
- Portuguese photographers launch Israel boycott pledge bit.ly/2wjBZfN 3 days ago
- RT @PACBI: Response to #PK17's Misleading Statement: a straight lie and a desperate attempt to turn the tables. Read more: https://t.co/b8… 4 days ago
- RT @PACBI: British Band "Law Holt" pulls out of Berlin's Pop-Kultur festival over Israeli sponsorship. #BDS #PK2017 https://t.co/r9lOM2g5Jx 5 days ago
- More Than 200 U.S. Rabbis Sign Letter Against Israel BDS Travel Ban bit.ly/2uJkwrU 5 days ago