To list your event or for further information write to : bdsdayofaction [at] bdsmovement.net.
- March 31 – launch of video of recent “stop shop” – an action which held in a local supermarket, Woolworths, that markets itself as an ‘ethical’ store but stocks Israeli products.
- Palestine Peace Solidarity South Korea will publish a number of articles about the need for BDS in the Korean press
- Brussels Flash Mob on March 30 at 6pm. Video to be released after the action!
- P.E.D.A.L will organize a number of actions in Brussels between March 28 and 30. Visit website for more details: http://www.100daystopalestine.org/itinerary/
- Prague – March 30 – stall and leafleting outside Ahava from 6 to 7pm on Ulice 28. října, Praha
- Launching of new website on consumer boycott w/ new resources for activists
- Outreach stalls and flashmobs in different locations across France. See http://www.bdsfrance.org/ for more details
- Berlin March 27, 2011, 12:00 pm, Berlin, Main Train Station (Washington Platz). Flash mob in Berlin outside Deutche Bahn, a company involved in an illegal Israeli rail project. For more details see: www.bds-kampagne.de
- Bonn – March 30 3pm Demonstration in front of and at the main railway station in Bonn against the cooperation of the german railway (DB) with Israel in the A1 project.
- Hamburg – March 30 4pm Gerhart-Hauptmann-Platz(city center), informationdesk about seasonal fruits and vegetables from Israel and the occupied territories “occupation depraves appetite. fruits and vegetables “made in Israel” no, thanks”
- Munich – all day desk in city center about BDS organized by Women in Black
- March 30: Street theatre in Dublin, details here: http://is.gd/XHFNNM
- Naples – flash mob
- Rome – Planting of trees as part of “Stop JNF Campaign”: http://is.gd/vR88Kz
- BDS events in 11 cities across the country. For full listings:
- Launch of campaign to ban settlement products and open letter to Mourão Council calling on end to partnership with Israel
- Malmö: Picket outside Coop/Konsum, Norra Parkgatan (close to Folkets Park) at 10-12 hrs. Coop
- Stockholm: Picket outside Coop Medborgarplatsen and Coop Zinkensdamm, at 17-19 hrs.
- Boycott Divestment and Sanctions ‘Week of Action’ organized by the Palestine Solidarity Campaign from Sunday 27 March to Saturday 2 April 2011. For details more visit www.palestinecampaign.org
- Leeds – March 30 – Palestine Land Day, Protest Against Israeli Apartheid, 12pm, University of Leeds, Parkinson Building steps http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=213445118669881&index=1
- March 30: A Sit-In at the Mohammed V Boulevard (the biggest Boulevard of the Capital) in order to raise awareness by distributing flyers about BDS Movement and the Veolia-Alstom tramway.
- March 31 : A conference about BDS in the world and in Morocco.
- April 1 : A conference with the workers members of the CDT (Democratic Confederacy of Work) about the Palestinian Cause and the Arabs’ Uprising, and the BDS Movement.
- Montreal – Saturday, April 2nd, 12h00 Demonstration Freedom for Palestine commemorate Palestinian Land Day & Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions global action. Find details here: http://www.bdsquebec.org& http://www.tadamon.ca/post/8837
- Ontario – Carlton University students stage sit-in as part of their divestment campaign. For more details about the campaign: http://is.gd/65ubXq
- Toronto – Sunday, March 26. Rally and March for Global BDS Day of Action. Click here for details: http://is.gd/x0U38j
- Winnipeg – April 1/2 – teach-in at University of Winnipeg. Topics include – What is the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign? (Myths and realities)- Issues for groups and individuals to consider when participating in BDS – How can we build an effective and sustainable BDS campaign here, given our resources and challenges?- What are the best targets for BDS in Manitoba?. Organizers: Independent Jewish Voices, Canada-Palestine Support Network, Students Against Israeli Apartheid and Peace Alliance Winnipeg
- Largest mock wall in the country erected on the UA campus, from March 21-31, to symbolize US/Mexico and Israeli apartheid walls. Press release here: http://www.nomoredeaths.org/University-of-Arizona-NMD/ua-nmm-mock-wall.html
- Sacramento – Mar 30 – Launch of Phase II of the israeldivestmentcampaign.org on the steps of the Capitol from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. Endorsing organizations American Muslims for Palestine, Jewish Voice for Peace, Palestinian American Congress
- San Francisco – March 30 – Launch of campaign to Stop the JNF-creative demo in front of IRS building in SF to demand the revoking of the charitable status of the JNF. Banners, props, educational materials, serve IRS petition as to why this is being demanded.
- San Francisco – March 30 – Stolen Beauty Ahava Boycott action. See details here: http://is.gd/5ZCmVX
- San Diego – March 30 – University of California – Teach In on March 28 followed by an art installation on campus
- Los Angeles – March 30 – Stolen Beauty Ahava Boycott Flashmob
- Full calendar of events in DC here: http://bdsdayofaction.net/2011/03/26/dc-actions/
- Interfaith Peace-Builders & Way to Jerusalem Mission Group fundraiser for African Heritage delegation to Palestine/Israel to strengthen BDS – Saturday, March 26, 7pm @ Festival Center, 1640 Columbia Road Northwest, Washington D.C., DC 20009
- Chicago – Flash mob! Video to come out on March 30. Organized by Palestine Solidarity Group-Chicago, International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network -Chicago and members of Students for Justice in Palestine
- Chicagoans Against Apartheid in Palestine are holding an informational picket/leafletting event on Palestinian Land Day, Wednesday, March 30, from 4:30 to 5:30 PM at the corner of Dearborn & Adams (Federal Plaza) in Chicago.
- Louiseville – http://is.gd/R5HkP9
- Boston – March 30, from 5-6 PM, at Park Street Station in downtown Boston. The focus will be on BDS in general and in particular, the campaign to boycott Sabre and Tribe Hummus.
- St. Louis Palestine Solidarity Committee is planning an action on Land Day in front of the TIAA-CREF offices. They are hoping to have several shareholders go into the building for a meeting.
- March 29 – 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tell Ricky’s Brooklyn “No More Ahava Cosmetics!” – Ricky’s, 107 Montague Street (between Henry and Hicks). Pink Spa Attire Recommended but not essential
- March 30 – Flash mob. Video to be released after the action (see homepage)
- March 29, 7pm Jewish Voice for Peace chapter in coalition with other groups is putting on a big BDS talk at CUNY moderated by Rashid Khalidi. I am attaching the flyer here. Ralf Bynche Institute, Room C-198
- Minnesota Break the Bonds.org – A Day on the Hill and first ever advocacy training for activists. Click here to register.
- Corvallis – March 30, 7pm Land Day Fair Trade event, BDS awareness Corvallis Multicultural Literacy Center, 128 SW 9th St.m Corvallis, OR
- Fort Worth – March 30, 11 am to 3pm – As part of the worldwide observance of the Palestine Land Day on Wednesday March 30th, a protest will be held against the US Veto of the resolution condemning continuing Israeli ‘settlements’ in the occupied Palestinian territories in the West Bank. www.northtexasbds.org Earle Cabell Federal Building, 819 Taylor Street, Fort Worth, TX 76103
- Seattle/Tacoma: March 30, Sabra and Tribe hummus BDS action at Trader Joe’s, 5:30 pm. Organized by PSC Seattle
- Seattle – the local Jewish Voice for Peace chapter is hosting a BDS Train-the-trainer for educators at Seattle University, 7pm, SU Law Building, 901 12th Avenue, Rm 329, Seattle, WA, 98122
- University of Washington: March 30, BDS leafletting on the UW campus from 1-3 pm, meet at Red Square
- Olympia – March 31 – BDS teach-in organized by http://www.olympiabds.org/ + Evergreen State College protest on 28th
- Spokane – Billboard unveiling on I-90 on the East side of Spokane
Jewish Voice for Peace (http://jewishvoiceforpeace.org/) is organizing BDS teach-ins in locations across the country
- University of Sao Paulo – lecture about BDS organized by “Frente Palestina em São Paulo” including mock checkpoint and wall. 6pm
- Poetry reading about Land Day, video showing and debate about BDS in “cooperifa” organized by “MOPAT- Movimento Palestina para Todos” @ 7 pm
- Buenos Aires – March 30, boycott action on Israeli Dead Sea products on sale in Argentina. Video posted on home page.
- Canberra – Palestine Solidarity and the BDS Campaign Workshop Thursday March 31 5.30pm, Unions ACT Building 189 Flemington Road Mitchell Canberra ACT
- Melbourne – March 20, 6:30 pm – lecture at University of Melbourne. Read details here: http://is.gd/DsRxyG
- Melbourne – Friday, 1 April, 5:30 pm, Meet at State Library of Victoria. Boycott action against Israeli cosmetic company Jericho, which is profiting from Israel’s apartheid and occupation policies. Action organized against the Coalition Against Israeli apartheid
- Perth – action at Carousel shopping center on boycotting Seacret deadsea products
- Sydney – Rally organized by Coalition for Justice and Peace in Palestine outside Sydney town hall on March 30.